18 November, 2019
Formentera Half Marathon 2020
Information on Formentera’s Half Marathon
The 12th Formentera People’s Half Marathon and 8km race will take place on 16 May 2020. A unique opportunity to traverse a few kilometres of authentic natural beauty in an idyllic setting.
There will be 2,000 places in the 21km race and 1,000 in the 8km race to be held on 16 May.
Given the large number of requests received, the organisation holds a draw to select the athletes who will compete in the two races each year. The pre-registration period of the 12th Formentera People’s Half Marathon and 8 km race began on 18 November.
The 21km race begins at La Mola lighthouse at 5:30 PM, it goes through Es Calo, Sant Ferran de Ses Roques, Es Pujols and it ends at La Savina port. The race ends just in time to enjoy a beautiful Formentera sunset!
- 33 € Formentera Half Marathon (21km)
- 18 € Sant Ferran – La Savina (8km)
- Additional: 2 € for the purchase of a disposable timing chip (if you don’t already own one)
SPECIAL DISCOUNTS DURING FORMENTERA’S HALF MARATHON
1. 50% Ferry Discount – Trasmapi offers discounts to all marathon participants; last ferry departing from Ibiza at 11:45 PM on May 15th, 2020.
2. Formotor will be offering discounts on vehicle rentals
3. Apartment rental at Can Tres Formentera starting at 195€/night – Book your apartment now
Formentera’s Half Marathon is the island’s most important sporting event. Come discover Formentera in a different way!